Important to consider for best results
Electropolishing is a stable yet sensitive process. To achieve the best results, one must consider many parameters.
The product to be electropolished
- Before electropolishing begins, the product must be completely free from oil, grease, tape residues, and other elements that might hinder the current from ‘reaching’ the product.
- Electropolishing concerns the surface, and damages from transportation unfortunately may still appear after electropolishing. Therefore, transportation is also crucial for an optimal outcome.
Preparations for optimal results
- Each product requires its fixture. Drawings and descriptions in the early stages facilitate achieving optimal results. Hence, it’s helpful when we receive drawings and descriptions directly.
- Before electropolishing, welding is common. All welds should be free from weld oxides.
- Adequate rinsing capabilities are essential in tight spaces such as legs and penetrations. Ensure there is at least a 12-millimeter space to rinse through after electropolishing.
- Sealed welding isn’t easy. But if you choose it, it must truly be tight. Weld pores absorb electrolytes that will leak out over time.